Indepenergy – Clean energy for a cleaner future
What is Indepenergy and why does it exist?
Renewable energy and energy efficiency are among the main goals of Moldova’ Energy Strategy by 2030, which will contribute to the security of the country’s energy supply, as well as the durability of the environment and combating climate change.
In order to achieve these goals, EcoVisio offers its expertise and passion for these topics in the form of our Indepenergy project. We strongly believe in the concept of energy resilience – energy infrastructures which are resistant to natural disasters and major socio-economic changes. In this sense, simple and effective solutions are needed to reduce dependence on large electricity and natural gas suppliers, solutions that are easy to replicate on a budget.
Our vision for Moldova is a society where every citizen has the necessary know-how to reduce their energy consumption without cutting down on comfort, using local and renewable resources in an open, community system.
What are the goals of Indepenergy?
The project aims to increase the sustainability of local communities in the energy sector by sharing knowledge, launching and supporting pilot-prototypes and local networks.
The long-term objectives are:
- Creating a community of support and experience exchange, in order to share and develop practices towards energy independence.
- Growth of ‘green’ economy in Moldova’s regional communities by supporting them in adopting sustainable energy practices.
- Strengthening local communities though creating work and educational opportunities.
- Stimulating and facilitating collaborations between local authorities, small businesses and citizens across the country.
- Encouraging program participants to replicate some good practices of energy use: energy efficiency, renewable energy, use of local energy resources, application of energy solutions for regional economy development, etc.
The project involves a series of trainings on various aspects of energy efficiency and renewable energy, targeted at regional public administrations as well as individuals. These trainings will provide the participants with valuable networking opportunities and a myriad of practical skills, such as: efficient and affordable rehabilitation of houses/buildings, reduction of energy consumption in a simple and intelligent way etc.
Each training session will focus on a specific topic, designed so that completing all the sessions provides key competences for starting a project in this field:
- Energy efficiency - 18-20 January, 2019
- Renewable energies - 4-6 February, 2019
- Project management in the energy field - 22-24 February, 2019
These trainings will count on the participation of alumni from US energy programs, who will share their experience along with some good practice examples from American and European communities. They will also help participants develop their own community projects and provide support during the implementation stage.
Get involved in the project!
Anyone can attend Indepenergy and gain some useful knowledge, be it local and regional administrations, civil society initiatives / actions, and not least of all the end-users – individuals with an interest for the topics of the project.
Contact person: Valentin Botezatu - +373 69644821,
|Financed by||Implemented by|