ActiveCiuluc (April 2018 - April 2019; November 2019 - July 2020) is a project meant to contribute to the improvement of the ecological situation in the basin of the river Ciulucul Mic through promoting the Integrated Water Resources Management and direct actions. To put it simply, it is an initiative for informing people living in the basin of the river Ciulucul Mic (Falesti, Singerei and Telenesti districts) about the ecological situation in the region (the river is drying up, underground water polluted, droughts, deforestation, etc.) and practical steps each of them could take to change it for the better.
Done so far (2018-2019):
- creation of the Ciulucul Mic River Basin Committee; two meetings held already;
- elaboration and adoption of the River Basin Management Plan for Ciuluc rivers for 2019-2024
- exploring the river from the sources to its mouth (learning and documenting its state);
- infographics reaching tens of thousands of people,
- two art contests and exhibitions dedicated to the river;
- over 2500 people involved directly through ecolessons, practical activities (cleanups and plantings), seminars on organic agriculture, etc.
- Planting of over 20,000 trees and bushes in ten localities with involvement of local communities (town Singerei, vil. Chiscareni, vil. Bilicenii Vechi, vil. Iezareni, vil. Cozesti; town Telenesti, vil. Verejeni, vil. Inesti, vil. Ciulucani, vil. Zgardesti)
Current plans (until the end of July 2020):
(realized in collaboration with Association COPE Dialog from village Chiscareni, Singerei district)
- two meetings of the River Basin Committee (February and June);
- working groups of mayors exploring solutions to some of the key issues (such as respecting river protection zones, eliminating dams, etc.) and coordinating actions on the basis of the River Basin Management Plan;
- transferring the role of Committee Secretariat to Association COPE Dialog;
- contracting the Forest Research and Management Institute (ICAS) for elaborating 2 projects for planting river protection belts (February-March);
- planting campaign - planting river protection shelterbelts, but not only, by State Forestry Agency and through community actions (February-March);
- theoretical and practical activities with schools (spring);
- 10 thematic painted bus stops;
- first ever Ciuluc River Festival (May);
- ongoing online & offline information campaign.
ActiveCiuluc (officially, „Integrated water resources management and ecological rehabilitation of the Ciulucul Mic river basin” (2018-2019) and „Ensuring the continuity of protection and ecological rehabilitation measures of the river Ciulucul Mic” (2019-2020)) is financed through the SDC-ADA project ”Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector in the Republic of Moldova (Phase 1)”.
|Implemented by||Financed by||In collaboration with|